ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of a Design Director, the Design Lead will help develop and understand design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution with consideration of the budget for the client and 3MD.
- 1. Conducts conceptual exploration, including drawing, sketching, research, and thumbnails.
- 2. Establishes directions and design solutions; ensures implementation of directions from concept through production.
- 3. Able to put forward a point of view not just on their own work but the teams’ work as well.
- 4. Proficiency in state-of-the-art creative softwares such as Sketch, InVision, Marvel app, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Adobe Xd, Principle, Zeplin, etc.
- 5. May lead project(s) for client engagements of appropriate size and scope or on the specialized needs of a client project across areas of expertise.
- 6. Has an appetite towards learning new verticals and adapt as per the project/client requirements.
- 7. Proven ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
Strategic Brand and Design Sense
- 1. Assist in evaluating and contributing to developing and writing competitive and breakthrough design strategies and plans.
- 2. Can communicate design strategy to various audiences
- 3. Has developed a sophisticated understanding of design.
- 4. Present design solutions to the client in a strategic manner
- 1. Is aware of studio utilization and profitability on assigned projects.
- 2. Partners with Design Director (DD) to maintain high utilization.
- 3. Works efficiently and effectively.
- 4. Alerts Design Director and Studio Manager when tasks are complete or awaiting approval.
- 5. Helps with project planning and organization.
- 6. Monitors timeline and deadlines.
- 7. Proactively participates within project teams to ensure quality, profitability and client satisfaction.
- 8. Prepares for internal and external meetings.
- 9. Maintains and organizes files and project materials.
- 10. Organizes necessary resources, materials, venues, etc.
- 11. Efficiently backs up in an organized manner on the server.
People and Team
- 1. Builds valuable partners internally with colleagues in all other departments.
- 2. Seeks out opportunities for personal creative growth by working outside the area of expertise.
- 3. Becomes a valued team player across all disciplines within a team.
- 1. Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols, etc. for regions.
- 2. Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of the highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues
- 3. Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- 4. Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- 5. Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader 3MD network.
- 6. Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
- 1. Minimum 5+ years of experience for Senior role in a branding/design agency/studio
- 2. Design degree, or relevant qualification
- 3. Proven experience as a Designer working as part of a project team
- 4.Experience working on a wide range of consumer and corporate client-businesses
- 1. Excellent client and peer relationship skills.
- 2. Excellent presentation and persuasion skills.
- 3. Good creative eye.
- 4. Well skilled in Sketch, InVision, Marvel app, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Adobe Xd, Principle, Zeplin, etc.
- 5. Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages/Keynote
- 1. Strategic thinker
- 2. Excellent interpersonal skills
- 3. Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- 4. Strong communicator
- 5. Team player, Motivator, Driven and ambitious, Sociable
- 6. Problem solver, Can do attitude
- 7. Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- 8. Flexible, Ability to manage changing priorities
- 9. Highly organized
Note: Candidates should have their own laptop.